Accounting for Importers & Wholesalers
Having an accountant who understands your importing or wholesaling business can give you a valuable edges. You face some fairly unique issues including the volatility of the Australian dollar and we can help you navigate your way when dealing with banking institutions, freight forwarding companies, organising overseas payments and balancing cash flow to meet ongoing overheads. Not only that, we can advise you in relation to the complex tax and GST issues associated with importing and wholesaling giftware, furniture, baby products, household items, machinery and equipment.
We have guided a number of importers and wholesalers through the various stages of their business life cycle. If you import or wholesale we can provide you with a range of services to support and grow your business. If you import for the purpose of manufacture we can also assist you with issues including pricing, break even analysis and management accounting services. Comparing your business data against industry benchmarks will let to assess what is working in your business and what needs working on.
No job is too big or small for the team and we will help you understand the key profit drivers in your business. You need to know your business numbers including your pricing and margins so your financials are more meaningful and we will help you understand and quantify the financial impact of :
- changes in the number of customers you have
- how often they buy from you and
- their average transaction value.
Importing and wholesaling in Australia is challenging. Here at Nexus Accountants we know the pitfalls and look forward to working with you to grow your business .Our service offerings include:
- Start-Up Business Advice for Importers & Wholesalers
- Advice regarding the Purchase or Sale of your Business
- Spreadsheets and Tools including a Start-Up Expense Checklist, Business Plan Template and Cash Flow Budget.
- Provide Advice and Assistance with the Establishment of Your Business Structure (sole trader, company, trust, partnership etc.) taking into account issues like Asset Protection and discount Capital Gains Tax Concessions
- Business and Tax Registrations for ABN, TFN, GST, WorkCover etc.
- Preparation of Business Plans, Cash Flow Forecasts and Profit Projections
- Accounting Software Selection and Training – Bookkeeping, Invoicing, Quotes & Payroll
- Preparation of Finance Applications for the Bank
- Preparation and Analysis of Financial Statements
- Bookkeeping and Payroll Services
- Tax Returns and Tax Planning Strategies
- Wealth Creation Strategies and Financial Planning Services
- Industry Benchmarking and KPI Management
- Vehicle & Equipment Finance (Chattel Mortgage & Lease)
- Monitoring and Controlling Labour and Sub Contractor costs
- Advice & Assistance with Pricing and Claiming Motor Vehicle Costs
- Recession Survival Strategies
- Advice regarding Employee Relations and Workplace Laws
- Business & Risk Insurances
- Business Succession Planning
We are not your typical Melbourne accounting firm. We pride ourselves on being business and profit builders who provide a full range of accounting, tax and business coaching services to business owners including importers and wholesalers from all around Australia. If you are looking for a proactive accountant to take your business to the next level, call us today on (03) 9500 8666.
Nexus Accountants - Connecting Your Business to Profits